Blacklists and mines.

Go down

Blacklists and mines.

Post  Wulfrick on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:09 pm

As my first official act of being made a Captain, I'd like to bring up two concerns that people have been talking about a lot recently in chat.

1) The first is mines. I know that there have been a lot of talks about mines, and that parking on them overnight is frowned upon. But there has been much debate over parking on them and going afk for awhile. This ties them up so others can't use them, and runs the risk of the mine being lost to dracs while you are afk. I know there have been instances where people have been given the okay to "bump" someone off a mine for abuseing it, but I think if this is going to be allowed, it should be added as a 5th rule to the 4 standing alliances rules found here: http://sector292.forumotion.com/t2-292-rules-and-guidelines

I know we only had 4 rules to keep it simple, but as the game grows, and so does the alliance, gameplay will change, and I think this needs to be at least talked about.

In my opinion, overnight parking should be outright banned. I also frown on the afk parking. If you're waiting for a mine, it's nice to be able to ask the guy how long he'll be there. With no response, it's hard to know if he's just afk for a few, or if he's logged off for the night. To avoid this confusion, I think we should just disallow it. However, the other concern is, if you get no response from someone mining, it could be due to the inconsistencies to the availability to the chat feature. So there is really no wy of knowing if someone is online, or not. Any leaders have any opinions on how to deal with this situation?

2) Blacklisted bases. There are a few bases that have been "Blacklisted", or as I lovingly call them, members of the Perma-Bubble club. These are bases that were attacking 292, asked to stop, told about the alliance, and given multiple chances to adhere and join up.... but refused, and became repeat offenders in attacking 292. Officers have given permission to attack these 292 at will, whenever they want, without repercussion.

However, who these actual bases are, nobody is 100% sure about. I know of 3 definites, and am unsure about the fourth. Yet just the other day, one of the bases I thought was a blacklist might not be, as someone told me he was starting to turn around and work with us. Also, I've seen instances where a dispute occurs due to "Oh sorry, I thought you where a blacklist base". To avoid confusion, a list would be nice.

Is there a way we can make a thread of a list of bases that are on the "blacklist" status.
This thread should be setup as "stickied", and locked so no replies can be made to it... it's
not a discussion, just a list. It should also be able to be edited by the admin, as blacklist bases might come around and get off the list, and other bases may need to be added to it. It should be updated anytime these events occur. Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns?

-Wulfrick
Wulfrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacklists and mines.

Post  scab-e-darb on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:44 pm

i agree that mine sitting should be dealt with
i have watched and waited for a mine to open just to have that mine still occupied 12 hrs later and no responce in chat but i end up watching as this base builds and i remain the same size mostly due to the sitting and others not being able to get resourses

scab-e-darb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scab-e-darb on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 pm

a ruling on what size of mine one can occupy in relation to there size(strenght) this should free up smaller mines that have a habit of being sat on .

scab-e-darb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:13 pm

My first reply got eaten, so I will keep it short.

The smaller the mine, the longer a ship has to be on it. It takes almost 2 hours for a fleet of Marauders to mine a L2. 7 hours for a fleet of BB's. To ask someone to be in game for that long is unreasonable. So long term mining may be a necessary evil. However, there is a difference between parking and camping.

Camping are those people that sign on once a day and replace their full fleet with an empty one on the same mine. It prevents other players from utilizing it and is wrong. Likewise extreme parking where there is not access to a similar mine within the same drac area because a user has set up 8 fleets and went to bed.

As for clearing a mine, I don't like it but understand the need. Still if implemented it has to be outlined quite clearly. Basically we are attacking another 292 member almost unprovoked. The attacker not only sinks their fleet and captures the mine, but whatever resources they have mined.

I'd propose a process to give them ample chances to respond, much as we do when hitting a base with infractions on it. Firstly would be contact, but with the coms the way they are, it is not guaranteed. Second would be trying to contact them via their facebook if possible. If that fails, then a visual fleet presence near their mining fleet. Lastly would be to attack with a small ship or speedboat. A warning shot if you will.

Once that is all done and it is determined that the player is indeed AFK, then the mine may be taken. However, as an attack in 292, I assume it would also have to be authorized by an officer. The progression of infractions would most likely shorten the process for repeat offenders, perhaps even a mining blacklist?

Second, Blacklist Sticky is almost a must. It would help make a blacklist infraction more effective. Though I wonder if perma bubbles should be given or more of a week to week thing. Kind of like a prison sentence. This is only because I have seen a few members "rehabilitated." Perhaps even expand the black list with a grey list, of those treading on thin ice, and those members that are on "Parole", to make sure no further attacks occur.

I said this all better in a longer post that got ate, so I may have left something out. With discussion, I am sure we can all get something drafted and entered into the rules.

Nightmare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

See, this is why I voted on Nightmare's nomination, lol.
Excellent points, and a great expansion on the original thought.

I agree with mining progression... chat attempt, FB, visual fleet attempt, then maybe a poke with a gunboat fleet. If all else fails, an officer can then give the okay to bump.

I also like the idea of the "prison sentence" instead of the perma-bubble.
Players do turn around and go from 292 blacklisted attackers, to becoming good assets to our cause.
Cap is a great example of just this sort of thing, as is Tail End Charlie, and a couple others.
Just because we have trouble with someone in the beginning, doesn't mean they wont come around.

All great points Nightmare, and I agree completely.
So, can we make this happen?

1) A new rule against mine infringements, with an outline of progressive action.
2) A sticky "blacklist" thread that gets updated frequently, for those we are having issues with.

-Wulfrick
(aka... Rick)
Wulfrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down