Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress

4 posters

Go down

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress Empty Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress

Post  quiz Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 pm

I fought lvl 9 floating fortress with 3 BB and maruders. I discovered that if you get close enough to the floating fortress, they are not able to fire against you. Then its all about surving to get close to them. So I was able to take over a lvl 9 Zynthium Smile Hope it will help others.
Q

quiz

Back to top Go down

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress Empty Re: Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress

Post  Chris Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:17 pm

missiles and mortars have a minimum range, so getting close is the best chance. i find also another great tactic is to immediately spread out your formation. reduces damage to from the splash damage. with this strategy lvl 9s actually become easier than lvl 8s. so i try to avoid the 8s and go for the 9s
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress Empty using mortars from range against other fleeets

Post  sir poggie Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am

If you keep your ships in one position your a sitting duck, keep them moving. Try to stay in a straight line and turning slows you down. if you attack a larger fleet than yourself run from them they should follow, as your mortars are launched chances are they will hit the rear ships following their front ship so you end up taking them out. Yes they do fire missile at you but because your always moving away they always miss you. Smile happy hunting
sir poggie
sir poggie

Back to top Go down

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress Empty Re: Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress

Post  Chris Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm

for the lvl 9 FF i usually right away manually move all my ships to about mid way between the 2 start positions but still in the same starting spread. if you let the fleets do their thing they will cluster and stop withing the enemy range. By moving first and keeping the ships from clustering you avoid mass splash damage and you move under the missle range quickly, if you hold off your point ship a second and have it move in line with the other ships it helps avoid all 5 of the enemy ships from blasting it right away. so move in a line formation instead of a delta, dont cluster, and move in close. i can easily take out a lvl 9 with a fleet of marauders this way
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Win against Draconian lvl 9 floating fortress Empty This tactic

Post  MThammer498131 Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 pm

This tatic can help me in Fleet to fleet attacks AND i love it now i can blow that lvl 10 Zythium always wanted to kill. Surprised Surprised Surprised Smile Smile Smile

MThammer498131

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down