Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infighting

+2
seth4000
StephenC
6 posters

Go down

Infighting Empty Infighting

Post  StephenC Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 pm

So, I hooked up with Bes and the others early on. Before the actual organization of the alliance. I think it is great and when we wee allowed to move bases, all my friends jumped in too. One of them is now an officer.

I am tired of getting shit from some of the younger members. I mean young in the sense that they are newer in the alliance. Apparently they know more than I do so I shouldn't be trying to explain the alliance to new players hitting miners and 292 bases. Wulfric and I had an attack on our bases going on and had called out for help, but no one came, even though there were three alliance members less than a minute away at a Drac base. They were too busy arguing to notice the other chat I guess.

Long story I know, but the end result is this;

I have always played by alliance rules, and will continue to do so. But I am out as far as trying to help new players, answering distress calls, and the like. I will look out for my friends, and those of you who have always been there, the rest, well, you seem to not want my input, so I wish you well.

StephenC

Back to top Go down

Infighting Empty rage much?

Post  seth4000 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Obviously my comment to you in COMMS really got to you, wow.

My point is that I saw you threaten a new player with having the entire alliance attack him, not very constructive. I know you may have been around for awhile, but putting someone on the blacklist isn't your call, and you were implying that it was.

Furthermore, the rest of the alliance that was online thought that your statement of "you are now an enemy" was legit and were asking for the new players coords to start attacking him. This is when a REAL officer (Gepler) took control and eventually made a call.

Having non-officer players making calls like you did today is not okay.

I have screenshots of the entire conversation and will post it to this thread upon request.

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Infighting Empty Re: Infighting

Post  StephenC Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Feel free. When the kid wasn't listening and attack my sisters fleet, I told him he was now an enemy. True. I didn't threaten him with the alliance. Prior to that, when I was trying to get him to listen, no one was paying any attention or stepped in to help explain it any better. The players saw "enemy" and all dove in to fight, even though I said he was only level ten.

Either way, you all got it handled, and will have no more confusion or misunderstood messages from me. I have no problem turning a blind eye to the goings on.

Stephen

StephenC

Back to top Go down

Post  seth4000 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Infighting Stephe11

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Post  seth4000 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:59 pm

"Any low levels want to teach him a lesson?"

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenC Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 pm

You got me. That was definitely me calling the whole alliance down on him. I should be tossed out and blacklisted.

I did neglect to put a lol in there, so I can understand why so any people showed up that can't attack a level 10 base.

StephenC

Back to top Go down

Post  seth4000 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Okay, enough with the dramatics.

All I'm saying is you hardly gave this guy a chance. The way you approached him initially was far from diplomatic. We want our sector to be the strongest, and we won't get there by beating the shit out of every new player that doesn't follow the rules off the bat.

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenC Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 pm

You screen shot the part of chat you think made me look like a dick, but not the part where I had just tried nicely to explain not hitting saysell on the mine before he hit kitties. You also missed yesterday doing the same thing with the same new player. When he hit two fleets and a base while acknowledging me in chat was when I got aggressive with him. You can snip any conversation out of context that you want, but it won't change the facts. 292 was bored and they all came down looking for a fight, but they didn't all pay attention to the fact that he was a level 10! lol

You saw how difficult it was to deal with him, and I stopped trying when gep got involved. It was your comments that got me pissed off, because YOU decided to take over and try to make me look like a dick. Well, job well done. I hope you are satisfied. As far as I am concerned this ends here, and I will not engage you on chat any differently even though you are trying to pick a fight, the other players shouldn't have to weed through it so I will not rise to the bait.

I do apologize if I somehow offend you and brought today's attack on myself. I will tread lightly in the future.

StephenC

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 pm

seth4000 wrote:Okay, enough with the dramatics.

All I'm saying is you hardly gave this guy a chance. The way you approached him initially was far from diplomatic. We want our sector to be the strongest, and we won't get there by beating the shit out of every new player that doesn't follow the rules off the bat.

And all I'm saying seth4000 that all of the contraversies, drama,
and infighting have one thing in common lately.... you.

Stephen_C has been a member of this alliance from the get go... day 1 practically! Sure, he and I didn't officially register on the website right away, as we weren't in a rush... but we have been playing with the founders, practically since the alliance's inception. He's been here a week or two longer than me, and longer than some of our other officers. He is a great member, has always been there for anything, has helped out tremendously, and understand the rules better than most here.

And guess what, you don't have to be an officer to try and enforce the rules here! I was an enforcer for months before I got nominated. I was a thug, protected the rules with aggression, and was in no way shape or form diplomatic about it. If I saw someone breaking the rules, I strong-armed them! This is "Battle Pirates", not "Tea-Time Sailors". You break the rules, you get one warning, then we threaten to drop the hammer. That's the way I've always played, and it works. I've solved many a dispute that way, stopped rule breakers that way, and even RECRUITED that way! So who the hell are you to tell people how they should or shouldn't be conducting their business? You haven't even been a registered alliance member for a month yet... yet your telling someone who's been here since the beginning he has no right to act a certain way? Dude, you haven't even earned respect yet, never mind those kind of rights.

And by the way, your screenshot only proves that Stephen DID give the kid a chance, even though you claim he didn't. The kid was hitting 292 miners, and Stephen told him, and i quote from your images... "You cannot just attack people on mines... if you want to fight, leave the sector." That was his chance, that was his warning. To which the kid responded, and even said "ok". And then the kid went on to attack another alliance fleet on a mine... coincidentally, Stephen's little sister, "Kitties".

Any officer would have responded the same way. You catch a rulebreaker, you warn him... he agrees, then continues to attack another alliance member... then you teach him a lesson. Stephen's actions were not out of line at all here, only yours. You are so new, you don't understand the history of the alliance, the respect Stephen has around here, nor his ways or his (most often a bit off-kilter) sense of humor. His comment of "Who wants to teach a low level a lesson" was mostly a joke, but also his way of asking any officer's who were on to give permission for intervention. Those of us who have been here long enough to know him, know that. Only those who are so new that have no idea what they are talking about, would misread him.

Since you have given your two cents about Stephen, allow me to do the same for you.
You are a thorn. You walk around with a chip on your shoulder because you are in a strong alliance, and you let that go to your head. You think you have way more say or power than you do, and run your mouth far too much. You stir up all kinds of trouble, drama, and disputes, then cry to the alliance for help. Personally, I'm sick of you, and if it were up to me, you'd be out.

But congratulations, your bullshit has been the straw that broke the camels back, and turned one of the alliances longest running, and most outstanding members... into someone who is sick of all the influx of new blood infighting, and now refuses to help those who he deems not worthy. Stephen will still help all his veteran friends, and officers, and folks who have been here from the beginning with us. But the constant infighting of the recently new members (which somehow you always seem to be in the center of) has soured him against giving a crap about anyone else. This is a huge loss to all the newer worthy members of the alliance, as Stephen was always there for anybody, anytime they needed anything. I would have rather lost 100 alliance members like you, than lose one like Stephen.

If you really care about the sector, and want it to be the strongest and best...
Do it a favor, and stop sticking your nose into everything!

If this seems "unprofessional", "undiplomatic", or "conduct not becoming of an officer"... I don't give a shit. Because now you've pissed me off. If being a veteran, or an officer, means we have to look better in the face of the public, and take shit from little punks like you... then demote me now.
I'm with Stephen. I'll play this game, and I'll follow the "no attacking 292" rule, and I'll even come to the aide of those I feel worthy. I'll be there for the veterans friends who have always been there to help us. The rest of the trouble making, coat-tail riding, demanding, loud-mouthed drama freaks.... open your own damn level 9 and 10 mines, and have fun defending your own bases.

-Wulfrick

Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

Infighting Empty pathetic.

Post  seth4000 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Endlessly entertaining. There are so many lies and fallacies in your argument I don't even know where to begin.

Attacking the character of player that I am does nothing to dispute the point that I bring up. Stephen is not an officer and he has no more right than I do to ask other players in the alliance to hit a base in 292.

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Once again Seth, and like usual, your are wrong.
There is not a single lie, nor fallacy posted above.
How do I know? Because, as most people know, Stephen and I are roommates.
I was sitting at the computer directly behind him doing my finances when all this went down.
When Stephen started voicing to me what was going on, I spun and watched the events. So,
although I was not playing on Battle Pirates at the time, I saw the whole thing. You are once again
tap-dancing, and spinning stories, trying to make yourself look more important than you are, and
you aren't fooling anyone.

As for the point you are trying to make... No, Stephen is not an officer, and no, he does not have the rights to authorize a base hit. However that is not what happened here. He never tried to order a base hit. He simply asked, "any low levels want to teach a lesson?", and he only gave the kids coords, because Dave asked for them. You can see this in your own proof, which you pasted bits of conversation in. Never once did he ever mention attacking his base. People took it upon themselves to show up and surround the kid. But that's how we deal with troublemakers in the sector. So no, non-officers do not have permission to authorize a base attack, or even to bump people off mines... but our veteran players are expected to help out, and keep the peace when no officers are currently online! If there is a troublemaker sinking fleets off mines, and attacking bases... sure only an officer can authorize an attack. But that doesn't mean if there are no officers on, that everyone has to sit idly, and put up with an aggresive trouble maker!

Veteran players absolutely have the right to try to talk another player down, and are expected to do so. And if that player doesn't respond, or ignores, or says no... sure, a non-officer can't authorize a base strike, but a veteran can certainly intercept him coming out of a base and sink his fleet, or sink him so he stops attacking people off mines. We expect our veteran players to help protect our lower level bases when there are no officers on. After trying to warn this kid and talk him down, Stephen's response of asking who wanted to teach him a lesson, and giving coords to people who wanted to surround his base where not out of line. Many times before I was an officer have I sat outside a troublemakers base, and sank every fleet he tried to launch, so he could not continue picking on our weaker members, and breaking alliance rules... and I got commended for those actions.

So save your skewed version of the events that took place, they are wrong. And for your information... Since I was sitting right there, Stephen asked my permission personally if he could deal
with this kid. I told him yes. Remember, chat is not the only source of communication in this game. So although it may not have looked like he had the right to authorize an attack... had he wanted, he did have permission, yet he still chose not to. He opted instead to give out his coords, have whoever wanted to, show up at his base, and use the "show of force" strategy we have used time and time again with troublemakers. So once again, if you don't know what you're talking about...

No matter. I'm done with this, I've said my peace. Go ahead and repost to this saying "that's not how it happened", and spin another story, and post more small clips of chat that can be taken out of context, and try to paint your own picture. Bottom line is this... I saw the whole thing... Stephen_C is no where near in the wrong here, and acted exactly as a veteran player should to protect the sector... he was conferring with me the whole time before acting out on anything... and we know you are trying to skew this, and we won't ever again believe a word that comes out of your mouth.

Oh, and by the way... I wasn't "attacking your character" in my last post in order to dispute your point. I was simply being honest with you about what a waste of effort and time I think you are.
And that is why I'm done with this, I won't waste any more time on you, or people like you.
Have fun.

-Wulfrick
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercup Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Wulfrick wrote:
And all I'm saying seth4000 that all of the contraversies, drama,
and infighting have one thing in common lately.... you.

Wulfrick, you seem to be involved in quite a bit of it yourself.
Buttercup
Buttercup

Back to top Go down

Infighting Empty Infighting amongst 292

Post  Dave Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:53 pm

I have always helped where possible within the alliance as well as doing my own thing ( within the rules) but to listen to some of the absolute rubbish that goes on chat between some members ( which should be done behind closed doors) is now crowding out what the chat is for. Anyone can use chat I know but when I have called for help to defend someones else's base and it is hidden between two " Bickering school kids" whats the point?

I also disagree with the fact that a certain members ( Officer ) has one rule for one and one for another, if a friend yeah go on break the rules, anyone else he will trash their base himself.
While I will still help my friends that I have made since starting this game, I am excluding myself from the Alliance, I have deleted my names, Dave and David_B from the 292 Alliance page that Brody set up because I fully agree with the reasons that Buttercup resigned for..
Happy Hunting my friends.......Dave

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptianBenny1 Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:23 pm

There are some lower level people who like to attack others in 292. Randy_G is one of them. I just want to know if we see this happening do we step in or do we come here first to inform the officers? Thanks Very Happy
CaptianBenny1
CaptianBenny1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum