Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicating thanks

+2
DreadPirateRoberts
Powder
6 posters

Go down

Dedicating thanks  Empty Dedicating thanks

Post  Powder Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

We dedicate thanks to the players that were involved in Operation Penguin. Serving on the front lines and putting up with the harshness of in-sector war.

I know its just a game but dealing with what was dealt with is real. The intel and cheaters caught are great benifits of this mission. You guys rock.

Powder-

Mission;
https://sector292.forumotion.com/t499-i-m-looking-for-some-volunteers-for-a-possible-mission-to-293
Powder
Powder

Back to top Go down

Dedicating thanks  Empty Re: Dedicating thanks

Post  DreadPirateRoberts Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 pm

The mini-gang over here (Buttercup, Armored Saint, PopeyeTheFnPirate, kev, PiratePeet, BraveCowTipper, EmporerPenguin - sorry if I missed anyone) did great things in observing, reporting, causing 'trouble' and getting res. Sometimes the usual suspects showed up, but only a few bubbles were given to us and occasionally constructive communication happened. Although we weren't 'welcome' we did let them know why we were there - to find cheaters. We were accused of just being there to farm. Well, we also farmed, lol.

The COMMS there can be pretty harsh at times, making ours look tame. They do have good players there and good people. The frustrating thing was how they had no problem taking help from the cheaters that came in and making accusations on us and the other 'gang' (SOS). They also felt we should 'clean' our house before 'cleaning' theirs. At the end, Kixeye released a better 'Ban Hammer' that should do the work going forward so we can 'play' and not 'police'.

That said, we still need to keep our eyes open for 'cheaters' and 'multis', even inside our sector. We are a great group of players, so there is no need to resort to the same tactics our 293 neighbors have.

As ever, if someone can do something to make your game experience better, let them know.

- D P R

DreadPirateRoberts
DreadPirateRoberts

Back to top Go down

Dedicating thanks  Empty good post

Post  wistler65 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:42 am

DreadPirateRoberts wrote:The mini-gang over here (Buttercup, Armored Saint, PopeyeTheFnPirate, kev, PiratePeet, BraveCowTipper, EmporerPenguin - sorry if I missed anyone) did great things in observing, reporting, causing 'trouble' and getting res. Sometimes the usual suspects showed up, but only a few bubbles were given to us and occasionally constructive communication happened. Although we weren't 'welcome' we did let them know why we were there - to find cheaters. We were accused of just being there to farm. Well, we also farmed, lol.

The COMMS there can be pretty harsh at times, making ours look tame. They do have good players there and good people. The frustrating thing was how they had no problem taking help from the cheaters that came in and making accusations on us and the other 'gang' (SOS). They also felt we should 'clean' our house before 'cleaning' theirs. At the end, Kixeye released a better 'Ban Hammer' that should do the work going forward so we can 'play' and not 'police'.

That said, we still need to keep our eyes open for 'cheaters' and 'multis', even inside our sector. We are a great group of players, so there is no need to resort to the same tactics our 293 neighbors have.

As ever, if someone can do something to make your game experience better, let them know.

- D P R

nice operation dpr was only sorry i didn't go and spread the evil word myself

wistler65

Back to top Go down

Post  Killardropbear Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 am

Good job guys, you make us proud Smile

Killardropbear

Back to top Go down

Post  sir poggie Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:49 am

I wanted to come on this mission also and had moved the day before you all moved into 293 so was stuck home(292) SO next time you are away next door pleaassee let me know the date ya traveling so i dont miss out on the fun

ty lol!
sir poggie
sir poggie

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadPirateRoberts Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry, Poggie. Since chat and comms (and this page too) were being monitored by the 'enemy', I could only inform via FB PM and be vague about the when. -dpr
DreadPirateRoberts
DreadPirateRoberts

Back to top Go down

Post  sir poggie Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 pm

okay no problem, next time then
sir poggie
sir poggie

Back to top Go down

Post  DenTapreKuvelter Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:34 am

Ill be there next time to.. Smile Hopefully I can contribute more then. When I relocated all h*ll had broken loose w/ the arrival of the SOS gang, and I really didnt know who to attack. Rolling Eyes Next time..... Next time!!
DenTapreKuvelter
DenTapreKuvelter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum