Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True to 292 - Prove it

+2
quiz
DreadPirateRoberts
6 posters

Go down

True to 292 - Prove it Empty True to 292 - Prove it

Post  DreadPirateRoberts Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 am

Gang,

It's time for another one of those tough to write/tough to read DPRticles . . .

I give players the benefit of the doubt, but I've reached a point where I'm going to speak my mind and the consequences be damned.

I have seen lots and heard lots lately about in-sector hitting, needing salvage opened, hit my enemy, protect my base and more. I've also seen players leave the sector, return in disappointment and more. I'm not going to call what I'm seeing whining. I'm going to call it complacency. If you keep tabs on COMMS or our Facebook page or even the Forum you can get a sense of the trouble that we are facing.

You see, those of us that have been in 292 prior to the alliance in summer of 2011 remember what it was like before. Chaos. Little communication. No partnering. Since the creation of the alliance a focus on protecting 292 was promoted. Because of the alliance, 292 was able to stand strong against 291/293 forces. The goal was to create a sector that could self-sustain with continued commitment.

What I see lately is that more are asking than more are giving. And that won't keep what we have going on. Now I realize many of you that read this are loyal and will stand until the end. Some may be be feeling a twinge in the gut - you are the target of this message. Others might not care, and are enjoying the liberal opportunity that exists to gather resources to further their own goals.

So I'm going to leave it at this. If you are 'True 292', show up or shut up. The next thing that you can expect to see is more of the 'Bigs' and 'Mids' to push the relocate button and take their chances in a different sector. Then those of you that feel that 'twinge' will do the same thing when it is no longer comfortable to remain. As for me, as long as there is one person that believes that 292 can still be a home for anyone, then we can work together.

There are no apologies for saying what needs to be said. PM me on the Forum, Facebook or in-game.

- D P R

DreadPirateRoberts
DreadPirateRoberts

Back to top Go down

True to 292 - Prove it Empty Thank you, DPR

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 am

Enough Said right there.

Back to top Go down

True to 292 - Prove it Empty Re: True to 292 - Prove it

Post  quiz Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Well Spoken!

quiz

quiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Si-Of-The-High-Sea's Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 am

I will admit that I have been someone who asks more then gives, and this message has made me feel bad about it. I from now on VOWL ( is that spelt right? ) to help more in 292!

Si-Of-The-High-Sea's

Back to top Go down

Post  knobby 174916,442 Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am

Always happy to help DPR and thanks for all your help in 292 too.
knobby 174916,442
knobby 174916,442

Back to top Go down

Post  sir poggie Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 am

Well having read this I have now returned home, back to 292 (next to DPR). I have also noticed that there are FAR TOO MANY smaller players just relying on us bigger plays to do the job for them. When we 1st started out in this game (back in July 2011) we never had that option, no we had to learn ourselfs and just get on with it. Don't mind helping out but sometimes u can get sick of it. Advice will always be given and with the new feature of been able to watch other players battles, this should help lesser players learn how to manouver their ships in battle. SO lets enjoy hte game and get 292 back to order.

happy to help

Sir Poggie
sir poggie
sir poggie

Back to top Go down

True to 292 - Prove it Empty no probs

Post  wistler65 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:17 am

DreadPirateRoberts wrote:Gang,

It's time for another one of those tough to write/tough to read DPRticles . . .

I give players the benefit of the doubt, but I've reached a point where I'm going to speak my mind and the consequences be damned.

I have seen lots and heard lots lately about in-sector hitting, needing salvage opened, hit my enemy, protect my base and more. I've also seen players leave the sector, return in disappointment and more. I'm not going to call what I'm seeing whining. I'm going to call it complacency. If you keep tabs on COMMS or our Facebook page or even the Forum you can get a sense of the trouble that we are facing.

You see, those of us that have been in 292 prior to the alliance in summer of 2011 remember what it was like before. Chaos. Little communication. No partnering. Since the creation of the alliance a focus on protecting 292 was promoted. Because of the alliance, 292 was able to stand strong against 291/293 forces. The goal was to create a sector that could self-sustain with continued commitment.

What I see lately is that more are asking than more are giving. And that won't keep what we have going on. Now I realize many of you that read this are loyal and will stand until the end. Some may be be feeling a twinge in the gut - you are the target of this message. Others might not care, and are enjoying the liberal opportunity that exists to gather resources to further their own goals.

So I'm going to leave it at this. If you are 'True 292', show up or shut up. The next thing that you can expect to see is more of the 'Bigs' and 'Mids' to push the relocate button and take their chances in a different sector. Then those of you that feel that 'twinge' will do the same thing when it is no longer comfortable to remain. As for me, as long as there is one person that believes that 292 can still be a home for anyone, then we can work together.

There are no apologies for saying what needs to be said. PM me on the Forum, Facebook or in-game.

- D P R

i am not on chat as much as i used to be . I count myself as one of the old guard and at present im refusing to get involved in all the bickering . I'm also fed up of breaking my back opening salv and helping fending of attacks for little or no thanks . I'm keen on helping bring our junior members along then have it thrown in my face when these junior players pocket the help then bugger of to other sectors . So with this issue im with you all the way and you can count on me not to jump ship if the going gets a bit tough . I'm 292 to the end by the way

wistler65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum