Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mining Rule... proposal.

+4
besneyepnu
seth4000
quiz
Wulfrick
8 posters

Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty New Mining Rule... proposal.

Post  Wulfrick Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:12 am

Hello all,
Since there has been much debate on this matter, and my other post isn't getting much feedback...
I decided to simply write up a proposal for a new rule on mining, with progressive actions.

In addition to our 4 base rules (https://sector292.forumotion.com/t2-292-rules-and-guidelines) , I offer a rule #5.

5) No setting your fleets on mines, and then logging off to let them fill while you are away, on high level mines. The issue, people who aren't even playing are hogging up all the mines, so those who are playing can't get at them. Mine on your own time, not everyone elses. Also, by being afk (away from the keyboard) you aren't able to keep an eye on the mines and run the risk of losing the mine to enemy Drac fleets, or enemy sector fleets passing by (who will sink you for your resources, then leave the mine open, and Dracs get it back). Then nobody can use the mines without retaking them, and some of the high level mines are hard to get back for most players.

Progression of actions:
1) Ask the member in question how long they will be on the mine. If there is no response, wait a couple times, then ask again. Ask 3 times over the course of 5 minutes (bathroom breaks, pet needs, and baby needs happen... they may have just stepped away for a second.)
2) If after getting no response, they may be mine camping... but they might be busy in a battle, and not watching chat, or their chat might also be down. GET AN OFFICER'S PERMISSION FIRST, then send a single gunboat to the mine, and "nudge them" with an attack. Even if their chat is down, this will alert them that someone is wondering if they are online or not.
3) If you are nudged on a mine, respond in chat. If your chat is down, release the mine then recapture it, or move your fleet a little, then continue mining. This will signal to the person waiting that you are indeed online, and not to attack.
4) If there is no verbal response in chat to any of the above steps, and nudging them with a gunboat gets no visual response either... we can only assume they have gone offline, and are mine camping.
At this point, CHECK WITH AN OFFICER to see if it is okay to bump them off the mine. Or better yet, have the officer do it for you!

If there are no Officer's on, or you do not get the okay, you still may not attack, not even to nudge, as NO UNAUTHORIZED ATTACKS ARE ALLOWED IN 292! That rule will still hold priority!!!

I understand it takes hours for larger fleets to fill up. But it is not fair to the lower level players to hog the mines for that long while you aren't even online. Besides, if you have fleets that big, you can make much bigger hauls from hitting enemy bases. Leave the mines to those who need them and are online!
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty Re: New Mining Rule... proposal.

Post  Wulfrick Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 am

Officers/Leaders,
This rules set was created based on my ideas and opinions, with input from Nightmare on progressive actions. Please let us know what you think of this, and if we can implement this, or something similair.

-Wulfrick
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

Post  quiz Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:46 pm

The idea about asking first and all that is okay. The other issue that is not debated is that a fleet of levis, or FFs will take long hours to fill up. It have to be allowed to park a big fleet on a low lvl mine, so that it can be filled up. i play this game daily and change fleets on mines, because it is not always time when at work to go and hit a base (my base is situated in the middle of 292 and it takes at least 15 min to reach the border 291 or 293). If a low level in 292 ask for help to take a mine, I always do, even told low level players that if they need help. But we have all been small, and done our time mining, at lower level mines or bigger mines when we had a chance to do that. My conclusion is that I am not totally agreeing on the suggestion to a new rule.

Best regards
quiz

quiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for the input quiz... understood, and respected.
Anyone else?
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty similar issue

Post  seth4000 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 pm

I fully agree with Quiz that it would be unreasonable to ask a player to sit for hours staring at his levi's or whatever while he mines, however; there is another issue at hand. Low level fleets from a low level player just sitting afk on a mine that DO NOT take hours to fill up. Thoughts...?

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I'm not proposing anyone sit and stare at any fleets. You can have a fleet Mining while your others are out base hitting , or what have you. All I am saying to launch all your fleets, set them all on mines for hours, and then log off, is unfair to other players who are currently online and playing.
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

Post  besneyepnu Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Sup guys figure id drop in and give my 2 cents on the subject. I agree for the most part, but i think any mine under 5 people should be allowed to sit fleets on it and go afk. My reasoning is that anyone that is on is not going to sit on a 5 or less when they can get a 6 or 7 just as easily. As for the low level players all you have to do is ask and im sure someone will clear a level 6 and up mine for you. Mining anything less then a level 6 when your on is a waste of time. So as i see it it should not be allowed for a player to afk on a level 6 or up mine but should be allowed on a level 5 or below. Now you should not be allowed more than 3 fleets afk mining at a time though as that would just be unfair. As far as your procedure of asking to take a afk off i agree 100%. so to recap,

1.) No one is allowed to afk mine level 6 mines and up.
2.) Allow 3 fleets at a time per player to afk mine level 5 and below.
3.) If Someone is afk mining a level 6 and up the guide lines above should be followed.

let me know what you think if everyone is in agreement ill add it to the rules. thanks guys. Gj Wulfrick.

besneyepnu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfrick Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Yes, in my original post, I simply mentioned "high lvl mines" but never gave examples.
Most of the disputes have been about mines levels seven and up... so the lower ones aren't an issue.

You know I'm all for this, but I can't take full credit. Nightmare gave me really good input, which helped me shape the plan, as did Stephen_c.

-Wulfrick
Wulfrick
Wulfrick

Back to top Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty Mining

Post  gepler Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree the afk issue is distracting for those of us that have limited time on the game. Surley when online we can find mines open and get help to open them, we are an alliance started to help 292's. Any rule agreed to by a majority of the officers I will abide by.

my 2 cents
gepler
gepler

Back to top Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty anther possible rule change in my opinion

Post  brody Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

if you base is attacked by someone in 292 let it go once and try to warn if they are on, if they are no longer on post in player disputes, but if attacks continue you should be able to return the favour. thets my opinion anyay

brody

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117883438310633/?id=1284414305881

Back to top Go down

New Mining Rule... proposal. Empty A new number one rule

Post  DreadPirateRoberts Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 am

Just my 1/2 cent . . .

1.) Remember this is a game and HAVE FUN.

I think even I get too serious with this at times.

-DPR
DreadPirateRoberts
DreadPirateRoberts

Back to top Go down

Post  gixxerkc Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 am

MY 3 CENTS

i agree for the most part, but the large fleets and higher players are the ones that usually capture the higher level mines and if i want to mine on a level 10 for 3 hrs i will park it there and mine....( and i very rarely mine) the lower mines i few are for the lower players. I will open them up for anyone that needs and will help in anyway. but i think if a level 28,29,30,31 wants to mine for 3-4 hours on a level 9,10 that is fine to do

the little mines take days to fill a large fleet

ps if anyone see's the relocate bottom come back let me know i wanna go visit below

thanks lower management.............:-)
gixxerkc
gixxerkc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down