Sector 292
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info  Empty Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info

Post  DreadPirateRoberts Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:18 pm

For Officer review and Member comment. Just my ideas assembled from the concerns I've heard expressed.

SECTOR 292 DEFINED (aka. Where Am I?)

Sector 292 is the area between coordinates 174600,0 to 175200,600. This 600X600 square is our 'home' sector and anyone you see in the COMMS chat tool is a member of the sector. The sector below 174600 is Sector 291 and the sector above 175200 is Sector 293. Very simply, we don't fight each other inside our sector and instead protect it while taking the fight to the neighboring sectors.

=

PLAYER RULES (aka. The Black and White)

1. Have fun playing the game and don't take it overly serious. If you aren't having fun, please let someone know and we can try to find a way to make it more enjoyable. The key to achieving in this game is Communication and Teamwork.

2. No Member is permitted to attack another Member inside of Sector 292 (174600,0 - 175200,600) except Blacklisted Members UNLESS given permission by an Officer or Officers. Accidental attacks due to mining, salvaging, or battle support will be ignored by both Players until such time it becomes a Player Dispute. Players may freely engage in fleet-to-fleet or fleet-to-base 'testing' or friendly combat without any reprisals. You may always defend yourself, BUT, THERE ARE NO AUTOMATIC ATTACK BACKS JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE ATTACKED FLEET-TO-FLEET OR FLEET-TO-BASE (file a Player Dispute and stay on top of it.)

3. If a Member is being attacked, it is expected to offer that Member any assistance possible. This includes seeing a General Member being attacked by ANY OTHER MEMBER. If in doubt, use any communication tools possible (COMMS, FB Chat, probe fleets, etc.)

4. Slanderous communication directed at any Member (racial, religious, sexually explicit, etc.) is not acceptable in COMMS (game chat), Facebook chat or anywhere in the Sector 292 Forum. Good natured needling and debate is acceptable, however, be aware of how words can have negative effects on others. Refer to Kixeye's Terms of Use Statmement for more about in-game harrassment.

5. Members will follow these Player Rules and the Player Guidelines to make the gaming experience more enjoyable for them and other Players. Members will use Player Disputes for settling disagreements and be subject to Progressive Discipline as determined by Officers. In the event a Member disagrees with Progressive Discipline, a Player Dispute needs to be filed regarding the matter.

=

PLAYER GUIDELINES (aka. Common Courtesies)

COMMS use - Pledged Members will use the in-game COMMS tool to maintain communication and will attempt communication before taking any actions in-sector. COMMS needs to be used with the priority focused on game needs (requesting/responding to base/fleet attacks, friend or foe identification, etc.) Everyone wants to express themselves, but some messaging needs to be kept to a minimum to include 'Attack my Base if you can!', recruitment of new Players, etc. Extended debate/discussion on COMMS is discouraged.

Sector Forum - The Forum is the official document of the Alliance. Pledged Members will review the Forum regularly for current events and sector information, particularly Player Disputes. The sector forum is the appropriate place to put 'Attack my Base' messages and have extended debate/discussion.

Facebook Page - Pledged Members can use this for information management when the Sector Forum or COMMS tool is not available to them. Only Pledged Members beyond their Probation can be added to the Facebook Page so as to limit spying attempts. Information on this page is updated as much as possible, but is not a mirror of the Forum page.

NOTE: THE FACEBOOK PAGE IS NOT THE SAME AS THE SECTOR FORUM PAGE AND EXISTS FOR ADDITIONAL COMMUNICATION PURPOSES (FB Chat, fun posts and links, etc.). OFFICIAL ACTIONS MUST BE DONE ON THE FORUM PAGE. IF YOU CANNOT POST TO THE FORUM, HAVE SOMEONE DO IT FOR YOU!

Mining - Mines belong to the entire sector, not just the person using it or the person clearing it. If a mine is going used for an extended period of time, put it up on COMMS what the expected duration is. Be considerate of others who might want to use the mine before putting a fresh fleet on it (aka mine hogging.) If a desired mine is in use, use COMMS to ask when it will be available. If there is no response, ask others if there is a similar mine nearby. Low level Players are discouraged from using high level mines that they cannot recapture and should be reported using Player Disputes. When mining has been completed, mines will be released back to keep from being recaptured by the Draconian fleets. Capturing multiple mines to achieve a mining bonus will only be done out of the sector (and when you refresh, you lose them anyway.) Use of probe fleets will be only to identify a miner or attempt to communicate with them. KNOCKING ANY PLAYER OFF OF A MINE CAN ONLY BE DIRECTED BY OFFICERS AS PART OF PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE.

Salvaging - All salvages are 'First Come/First Served' and belong to the entire sector until captured. Salvages once captured (Red Skulled) belong to that Player for one hour UNLESS it is guarded OR that player gives you permission. Before taking a captured salvage, take a moment to put it on COMMS and ask. If unable to carry it all in one haul, post it on COMMS that multiple trips are needed. If a mistake is made and someone's salvage is taken, at least offer to help them get another.

Base / Fleet Probing - Probing someone's base is considered a threatening action UNLESS it is done with their permission. It is better to friend someone to see their bases. Fleet Probing is an acceptable practice to determine Friend or Foe and will be done with a single ship of Marauder class or lower with minimal weaponry and armor.) Fleet probing will be done with the intent to communicate, not destroy.

=

TYPES OF ALLIANCE PARTICIPATION (aka. Where Do I Sign Up?)

General Member - All Players from 292 will be automatically considered General Members unless another higher category applies. Players in this category may not be aware of the existence of the Alliance and will need to be tolerated and communicated with until they decide (or it is decided) how they will play inside the sector.

Pledged Member - A General Member can formally join the In-Sector Alliance by visiting the Forum Page and signing up with their game name. It is important to use the game name so as to determine friend or foe status. If you change your game name, sign up again and post a message to the forum advising the change. Pledged Members are expected to be good members of the sector by following the Rules and Guidelines as well be more tolerant of General Member actions AND to follow the Player Dispute and Progressive Discipline process.

Probationary Member - A newly pledged person who agrees to the Rules and Guidelines.

Full Member - A Pledged Member who has achieved level 20 status OR whose in-sector contributions have been
determined to warrant Full Member status OR has been a Probationary Member for 30 days.

Officer Member - A Pledged Member who has been identified by other Officers as worthy of In-Sector leadership. Pledged Members can nominate new Officers, but only the Sector General/Appointed Sector General OR five Sector Captains can appoint a new officer.

Sector General/Appointed Sector General - has full abilities of Progressive Discipline and can modify Player Rules and Guidelines

Sector Captains - one Capt. can apply Progressive Discipline, three Capt. can Blacklist a player, five Capt. can modify Player Rules and Guidelines

Sector Lieutenants - two or more Lt. can apply Progressive Discipline

Blacklisted Member - This Player has had permanent sanctions applied to them because of their in sector behaviors not conforming to the established Player Rules. A Blacklisted Member can be freely engaged without any approval until such time that the Officer's restore the Player to a General Member

=

PLAYER DISPUTES (aka. I Gotta Beef With Someone)

A Player Dispute is a singular action or possibly a chain of actions within a . A Dispute Event is a singular action. Multiple events can be combined into a single Player Dispute for Officer review. Disputed Events need to be screen or text captured from the game screen or the game Battle Log into the Disupte Message. Player Disputes need to be reported timely and evaluated by an Officer with their acknowledgement it has been noted.

The Player Dispute section is located on the main page of the forum.

=

PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE (aka. Someone Is Gonna Get A Spanking)

The application of Progressive Discipline is based on a 3-Strikes/3-Outs concept to maximize attempts at correcting player disputes. It is possible to escalate from Strikes directly to Outs for particularly greivous in-sector actions.

Observed actions must be documented in a timely fashion into the Player Disputes section of the Forum in order to be counted as a Strike or Out.

Strike Offenses - Fleet Attack documented
(Communication Attempts and Interventions are recommended)

Out Offenses - Base Attack documented in Player Disputes or three Strikes documented into Player Disputes
(Communications Attempts and Interventions required and Officer(s) will approve Reprisals or Sanctions)

Blacklist Offenses - Three Outs documented or Established pattern of inappropriate behavior documented
(Communications Attempts and Interventions required and Officer(s) will approve Reprisals or Sanctions and
Player is considered 'Open Season' once approved by a Officer(s), remaining so until changed.)

Example: A base has three fleets guarding. A Player attacks a fleet mining, the two fleets guarding the base, and then the base itself resulting in four different events that equal TWO (2) OUT OFFENSES. Officer(s) will evaluate and approve appropriate/balanced reprisals/sanctions.

Sanctions and Reprisals include but are not limited to, Fleet Interventions at the Player's Base, Fleet Attacks and Base Attacks. An Officer who is online can real-time evaluate but the affected Member and Officer must document the Player Dispute.

Strikes and Outs can be reset/removed by an Officer when a Player's behavior has noticeably changed.

=

DreadPirateRoberts
DreadPirateRoberts

Back to top Go down

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info  Empty I agree to the proposals

Post  gepler Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:06 pm

I agree to the proposals
gepler
gepler

Back to top Go down

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info  Empty Why isn't he an officer?

Post  seth4000 Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:10 pm

DPR is a favorite by many and is online and active more than some officers. He always offers logical and reasonable responses (as opposed to emotional responses).

He is what I wish some of our officers would be, so my question is; why isn't DPR an officer????

seth4000

Back to top Go down

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info  Empty Re: Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info

Post  besneyepnu Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm

please take the time to check the rules and guidelines section of the forum as there has been massive changes. And i know all about DPR hes been a friend since the start of our sector and if thats something he wants he knows how to get in touch with me as im not going to force that role onto someone that may or may not want it.

besneyepnu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info  Empty Re: Suggestion of new rules / guidelines / alliance info

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down